- The movie is called “Fading West” and it will feature the Switchfoot guys.
- It’s not really a documentary – Chad described it by saying it was right in between “Endless Summer” and “Rattle & Hum”
- The movie will follow the guys around the world during the course of several months, following their touring, their surfing, etc.
- The guys are hoping to write and record new songs in each location that they visit.
- They’ll also be writing the soundtrack. Chad thinks that will be a mix of songs with words and songs with just music.
- Chad estimates the movie won’t release for about 2 more years.
Our friend Jeanna from Land of Broken Hearts talked in detail to Chad about it two days later, and this is what she found out:
All the unreleased songs will see the light of day eventually… we are really excited about working on the soundtrack for our next project which will be a film called Fading West.
The band is currently out on tour, filming for the movie at each stop.
And as far as the music component, you will be writing new music I assume, have you started that aspect of the documentary yet? Tim – Yes, the concept of the movie is basically what we live. We are always writing, always touring and always surfing, so we will be just diving into the journey as it unfolds. 15 years you guys have been together, so what led to you starting this project now? Tim – We’ve been talking about doing this for years now and it came to the point where we were finally like, are we going to do this thing or not? If so, let’s make it happen.